Friday, January 9, 2009

Rachel's Birthday!

As the title implies, today was Rachel's birthday, the big 31, yeah she's stoked. Today was another fun filled day of staining and varnishing the shelves. I just finished up with the second coat of varnish to some of the wood, I'm officially high. Aiden and Rachel are asleep and the smell is so overwhelming I'm praying they wake up :P I did put a fan in the window and am blowing some of it out. How desperate is that, it's January, like 25 degrees and I have the window open, now that's dedication.

Tonight Rachel, Aiden, and I went to Amigo's for dinner. We met Dave and Jean, Rachel's parents, there and they treated for Rach's birthday. Of course I ate way to much as usual. After that we came back to the house for a bit before we took a jaunt over to Tim and Kriisti's house were the kids played and everyone made fun of my parenting skills. Listen up...Wednesday and Thursdays are Aiden and Daddy days. The problem being, by Thursday night, I'm pretty much ready to kill him. I don't know what it is, but lately that kid has been wound for sound. It's like he goes to school and does crack, then I go pick him up. For instance, yesterday I put him down for a nap, not 3 minutes later, he comes walking down the stairs saying "Dad I had a good nap." I had to convince him that he didn't sleep and that he needed to return to his bed. It's been like that for the last 2 days. Perhaps I bring it out in him.

Tomorrow I will continue the work on the shelves and there will be pictures to follow shortly after. If anyone wants to come help me paint feel free, that's my next project.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THAT KID!!! That is a funny story. You didn't tell me that. Maybe he's getting his crack from the dragon cave.

    ReplyDelete